Australia’s First 2021 Kia Carnival Wheelchair Access Vehicle Is Here!
In an Australian first, we are beyond excited to officially launch and introduce our latest and greatest Wheelchair Access Vehicle (WAV) – the fourth generation Kia Carnival KA4!
Featuring our signature lowered floor and patented independent rear suspension, our Engineering team have worked hard to retain as many of the new features you’ll find in the showroom. We’re as proud as Kia to offer the KA4 model Carnival, so we have kept all the cool new stuff including the luxurious and spacious interior, all the next-generation technology and included a row 3 seating upgrade.
Converting the new Kia Carnival has been a massive undertaking, taking many hours and months of research, development and hard work from our expert engineering, fabrication and trimming teams. While we have great confidence in their knowledge and skills, we would never ask a client to assume the safety of or cars.
The comfort and safety of our clients is something we refuse to compromise on, and the compliance of all our vehicles with national Safety Standards and requirements always remains our top priority!
That’s why we’ve put our new Carnival through the most rigorous testing process before making this exciting new vehicle available to the market and to our valued clients. These tests included:
- Curtain airbag testing – due to repositioning of row 2 seats
- Row 2 seat testing – due to narrowing & repositioning of row 2 to allow for wheelchair
- Row 3 seat testing – due to KA4 row 3 upgrades
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) operation – due to Automobility’s patented independent rear suspension
- Australian Standards tests – include ramp strength, lap-sash seat belt & wheelchair restraint anchorages
- National Code of Practice – Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 (VSB14) tests – including beaming, torsional, lane change manoeuvre and noise tests
- Accelerated durability testing to simulate a typical year of use by our clients.
As you can appreciate, this process requires meticulous planning and a thorough process. See below for a visual of our entire testing process, right up until thecar was proven to pass the stringent safety standards, ready for you to drive!
The new 2021 Carnival WAV by Automobility is AVAILABLE NOW with a row 2 or 3 wheelchair conversion. Our Mobility Consultants will get their demonstration vehicles and will be able to schedule demos and test drives very soon.
Head to website HERE for more information and call us on 1300 660 773 to go on the waitlist and be one of the first in Australia to experience the new Kia Carnival WAV!